Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Bunny

Yesterday was my first Easter here in the USA. We tried to wake up early to attend Easter Sunrise Service  at the Chapel-by-the-Sea but we were late. The mass with the sun rising in the background was beautiful though, despite some noises made by a garbage truck somewhere doing it's early morning routine. I forgot to take my camera with me so I didn't have a picture of it. I admit I was hoping there would be a religious procession with lots of people gathered together singing prayers and Easter songs to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, with little children dressed up as angels singing while throwing flowers around.  But here they celebrate  Easter a little differently, they have the Easter egg hunt, the Easter bunny and Easter parties and dinners. 

I did see an Easter bunny though, a real one while on our way to dinner at my in-laws house.  Unfortunately for us, our car broke down on the way so we had to go inside a little park near the highway to wait for my father-in-law to fetch us and to help us fixed the car. That's when I saw the brown bunny while waiting, I was able to take a quick snap of it before it hopped away. Happy Easter to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment